Friday, July 16, 2010

Researching a market for a product?

I have a new product (it is a software application) that I am currently designing, and at the moment I am going to undertake some market research. What kind of things should I be researching about? Obviuosly I will research competitiors, but is there any thing else? I was thinking about google search terms, how common this product is being searched for. Any other suggestions? Also, where would I get this data?

Researching a market for a product?
you need to consider who will buy it - will your typical customer be male/female, young/old etc and why will they buy? for work/professional use or home use etc?


then you can target your marketing materails, adverts etc at the right level for the right people you are trying to reach.


this info from the Market Segmentation Company should help you http://www.marketsegmentation.co.uk/segm...


No comments:

Post a Comment