Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How do I find out the size of a market?

Hi all





I am trying to do some market research, and have hit a problem when I try to find the actual size of the market.





I want to be able to say "In the UK, x number of y products are sold every year, to the demographic w at an average cost of v"





Or as much of that as possible! I am having trouble finding anything other than random figures if I search on google.





Any genuine help will be much appreciated!





Many thanks

How do I find out the size of a market?
First off, i would look for trade associations for the particular product, demographic, etc. For example, there is a bottled water trade association "bottledwater.org". Their website or magazine usually already has the information of interest.





Next, i would try a keyword search on Google/Yahoo (the more specific the better w/ "advanced search/preferences"). By looking at the # of results you can give an indirect statistic.





I hope that helped. Feel free to add me as a contact.


Good luck,


Bernard


No comments:

Post a Comment