Sunday, August 22, 2010

Your opinion sort. Re Termite inspections. (market research)?

First of all i am not trying to sell you anything ,but i would like your opinion.


As you may tell from my name i am a pest controler.


I have just spent a lot of money buying a thermal imageing machine .It allows me to see termite activity through walls without cutting them open.Which gives me a clear advantage over those without one especialy on slab houses.


Where i live most companys that have them charge $550.00 for an inspection useing one.


I charge $220.00 for a standard visual inspection.


I need to recoup my costs so to try to get my costs back quickly my plan is to charge $280.00 %26amp; advertize heavyly.


My question to you is would you pay $60.00 extra for the more accurate inspection ?


Would the difference between $280.00 %26amp; $550.00 encourage you to choose me or would you think that is such a big saveing then maybe it is too cheap and not up to the standards of other companies ?

Your opinion sort. Re Termite inspections. (market research)?
I think you can charge more than $60 extra if you can make a compelling argument that the thermal imaging is vastly superior. If competitors are charging $550 then I think you can get away with charging $350. That's still way below the normal charge so you should have a good reason you charge so much less.
Reply:Sounds good to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment