Sunday, August 22, 2010

How do i find info. on the apparel (underwear) market?

I am trying to find what company owns what percentage of the market, who my biggest competitors would be if I start a underwear and a mens clothing line...





I keep finding reports you have to pay thousands for. I can't afford that, anyone know how to do the research for a business plan when it comes to market research? hhheeelp!

How do i find info. on the apparel (underwear) market?
Actually, you should hit the streets. You need to check out who is selling in the stores you would like to be in. Just by walking in the store and looking at your competitors brands, you can then see their average price, where they are located in the store, what percentage of cotton, silk and polyester they are made of. Consider buying a couple samples to take home for detailed reference.





Then, once you have the name of the company, go to Yahoo Stocks and search for the stock symbol of that company. When you find it, pull their SEC filing (which will be listed on their finance page), and their annual reports. You will see exact sales numbers for the past several years, and it's free to see. If the website tries to charge you a fee, you can pull the reports for free from the companies websites.





Once you have that info, you can list it in your business plan, then name a sales goal for your products based on a reasonable percentage. (Reasonable might be capturing 1% of your competitors market in the first ten years.)





Hope this helps.
Reply:I think I can help you, cuz. I own a garment factories in china, and I living in Hong Kong. And I also have experience to import to Australia. And I have the same think to make the underwear instead of the borading solid color style as now, I have a good idea at this way, if you are interesting we should talking more by the email, lenxis@gmail.com

baby teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment